Gold Coin Set Maple Leaf
4 Gold Coins with Platinum Plating - 1.4ozt
We sell: 5.475 CAD
4 beautiful Gold Maple Leaf Coins in a cool maple leaf shaped wooden box. The coin set
consists of 4 beautiful 9999 gold coins with platinum plating. The set includes one 1ozt
gold coin, one 1/4ozt gold coin, one 1/10ozt gold coin and one 1/20ozt gold coin. The rim
of all coins has a platinum plating and on the 1ozt coin the maple leaf has a platinum
plating as well.
This set has a low mintage of only 600 sets worldwide manufactured by Royal Canadian Mint. The coins are made from 9999 gold and they are celebration coins for the 150th birthday of Canada (1867-2017).
|Material:||Gold with platinum plating|
|Weight:||1,4 ozt (43,68 g)|
|Diameter:||30 mm, 20 mm, 16 mm, 14,1 mm|
|Face Value:||50 Dollar, 10 Dollar, 5 Dollar, 1 Dollar|
|Artist:||Lisa Thomson-Kahn und Susanna Blunt|
Royal Canadian Mint (RCM)
The Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) is a Canadian Crown Corporation, which is minting all Canadian Coins. The first coin was minted in 1908 and since then the RCM gained an excellent reputation in producing coins and bars. Today the RCM is equipped with the best technical possibilities and is constantly lifting the bar in regard to design and quality. This is probably the main reason why many other countries order their coins from the RCM.
Numismatic coins are collectors' coins, which are produced in low numbers. The lower the
mintage of a coin the better is the appreciation potential. Her are some things to consider
when you plan on buying numismatic coins:
1. Buy only numismatic coins which are produced by well known government mints, like the Royal Canadian Mint.
2. Look for coins with low mintage, the lower the better.
3. Look for coins with high purity. 999 for silver coins is okay but 9999 is better and 9999 for gold coins is good but 99999 is currently the highest purity you can get.
4. Look for special features like a gold coin with an diamond in the middle or a coin which was produced to remember a special event.
5. Go with your gut feeling. If you don't like a coin then don't buy it.
Numismatic Coins are definitely a long-term investment, they need time to climb in value and when you have the right coin in your collection you can make a fortune. But as said before they need time and for this reason they are perfect as an addition to your retirement funds. And for this reason we usually don't buy these coins back and you won't find any buy-back prices here. Most of the time we have only one or maybe two coins in stock and if you have a numismatic coin which you want to sell, please let us know. Perhaps we can find a buyer for you.